August 19, 2010

Orchidarium Update

It is amazing how one's collection grows to fill the available space.  My new orchidarium is pretty full, so full in fact, that I had to make some additional room for new plants.  I did that by hanging some wire mesh long the top of the sides of the case as can be seen in the first photo.  I had made this possible when I built the case, by making sure that the wood border at the top of the case extended down a short way into the growing area.  Since this is right below the lights, I've hung some plants there that need very high light,mostly New Guinea Dendrobiums.

No comments:

Post a Comment